We have also started a discipleship group with some of the people in our Life Group. Trent has a group and I have a group. Just a few of us meet and keep each other accountable and discuss our Bible readings and life issues.
This year Bellevue has decided to do a church wide Bible reading plan. The women’s ministry has been doing this for a little while, but now the whole church is involved and it is awesome. We are reading the Chronological Bible, where we get to see the big picture. We get to read the Bible in context and had the background of the current passage to get the most out of our reading. This will be my second year going through this plan and I really love it. I am learning more and more through each reading, even in the second year of it.
I survived another tax season! My work has changed a lot in the past year, with new employees and some employees are gone, and of course the new position. We also moved our office last September. It is a great new office.
Trent had a special honor come his way this past semester. His preaching class selected Him to preach in chapel. On May 12th he preached a sermon from Matthew 4:18-22 in chapel at Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary.
Trent and I went on our first real vacation since our honeymoon in May/June. We had the opportunity to go to a condo in Panama City, FL for a week. We left on May …through May 27 and came back on June 2nd. It was a great week of relaxation and great weather, although it was hot. I hadn’t seen the sun much in the past few months because of tax season and working inside so it was great.
Also during May, Trent and I signed up for a 5k at church, which will be June 18th. Some of the people in our class are going on a mission trip in July and are raising money for it. So we decided to sign up. I had been working on a 5k training in the past couple months to have a structured exercise program, so I didn’t know it was put I started by training for the 5k already! I am excited and nervous!
No comments:
Post a Comment