Saturday, June 11, 2011

Our Beginning...

Ok so now you have brief synopsis of our beginning and the logistics.  Now we will see how Trent and I came to be.  I didn’t grow up going to church.  Trent on the other hand was a pastor’s kid, so of course he did.  My family and I started going to church when I was 14 after my grandfather died.  It just so happened that a church had started on the main road that went from Panama City to where we lived in Greenhead.  The church was meeting in a single-wide trailer, which would soon turn into two single-wide trailers.  So my family and I started attending this church, where Trent’s dad was the pastor-Sand Hills Baptist Church.  So that’s where we met.  I was saved the summer of 1999 and was baptized soon thereafter by Trent’s dad.  After that we started going more consistently and I was in Trent’s Sunday school class, which was meeting in his dining room due to space issues.  There was only 4-5 of us in the youth class on must Sundays.  Well long story short we started dating on March 7, 2000.   We were still going to two different high schools so we just saw each other after school and on the weekends.  We got engaged 6 years later on July 7, 2006.  I didn’t realize it until recently that back when we first started dating we had taken prom pictures out by the lake by my house.  Well Trent proposed in that exact same spot…not for that purpose, but it is kind of neat.  We got married on April 28, 2007 at the church where we met.  It was an awesome day.  I moved to Greenwood, FL (about an hour from my parents and his) where Trent had been the pastor of Dellwood Baptist Church for about a year.  The day after we got married I graduated from Florida State University (after spending the first two years at Chipola Junior College-which is now Chipola College).  Trent graduated from the Baptist College of Florida the week after we got back from our honeymoon to Disney World in Orlando.  I continued to work at the CPA firm I had been working at for a while-Tipton, Marler, Garner and Chastain, which was in Panama City.  The drive to work for me was about 1 ½ from my new home.  I was finishing up my last class at FSU in Panama City, so it worked out well.  But once I finished my class and had been driving that route from since April I decided it would be best to find a job closer to home.  So I left that awesome place and found a job in Marianna, FL at another CPA firm – Carr, Riggs and Ingram.  So we continued serving at the church where Trent was pastor-Dellwood Baptist Church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment