Saturday, June 11, 2011

2010...

Throughout the year (2010), a few friends and I decided we wanted to start a discipleship group.  We would basically learn how to lead a group by practicing on each other.  We each took turns teaching and really learned a lot from each other, as well as grew closer to each other.  Our husbands had also started an accountability group where they meet once a week to encourage each other and hold each other accountable to a list of questions agreed upon at the beginning. 
In November of 2010 we got the opportunity to start co-teaching in a Life Group class (new name for Sunday School) with another couple in the single adult department at Bellevue.  We prayed about it and felt like we needed to go forward with it.  We were sad to leave our current class, but knew God had other plans for us.  I also quit helping in the nursery during class so that I could focus us our new class.  So now we are in a class with singles in their 20s and it is awesome!  I am not sure, but I think they are ministering to us more than we are ministering to them. 
Also in November, I was promoted to manager at work!  I have been an adjustment to this new role and it is going well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment